Morton Grove, Ill., January 24, 2012 — Xylem Inc. (NYSE: XYL) today introduced a mobile app for its popular Bell & Gossett ESP System Syzer® tool. The ESP-System Syzer is extremely accurate at calculating flow rates and pressure drops in piping systems. The company made the announcement in conjunction with Bell & Gossett’s sponsorship of the ASHRAE (American Association of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers) Winter Technical Conference and the AHR Expo this week in Chicago.
The new mobile app version of this industry-standard tool now allows HVAC professionals to easily download it on an iPhone® or iPad® and enjoy the same functionality while working in the field.
The ESP-System Syzer performs several critical calculations and offers a variety of unique features, including:
• Calculating the friction loss and velocity through various pipe types and sizes based on existing fluid conditions.
• Calculating the relationship between fluid temperatures, system flow and heating/cooling load.
• A unique tool that shows the relationship between Cv, flow and head and accounts for fluid properties.
• A Pipe Length/Pressure Drop tool that interfaces with the other calculators to view the relationship between pipe length, friction loss and total head loss.
• A bundled Circuit Setter®/Triple Duty Valve calculator that is very useful during the design phase to help predetermine valve settings and out in the field to determine flow through the valves based on pressure drop readings.
The System Syzer application is based on the novel plastic wheel calculator designed by Bell & Gossett’s Gil Carlson. Widely recognized as the "Father of Modern Hydronics," Carlson first introduced the System Syzer in 1963; it has since been distributed to well over 100,000 engineers and tradesmen.
Please visit the iTunes App Store ® to download the free app. To learn more about the Bell & Gossett ESP-Plus System Syzer and other Xylem Residential and Commercial Water brands such as Bell & Gossett, AC Fire, Flowtronex, Goulds Water Technology, Lowara and McDonnell & Miller, visit www.completewatersystems.com
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Launched in 2011 from the spinoff of the water-related businesses of ITT Corporation, Xylem is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with 2010 annual revenues of $3.2 billion and 12,000 employees worldwide.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all -- that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xyleminc.com
** iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. App store is a service mark of Apple Inc.